Saturday, October 26, 2013

Found Frogs Flyers

I recently found a couple of Frogs newspaper ads that I had saved.
I'm thinking that these date from 1980. How could the Rock n' Rye ad have gotten the band's name so wrong? FROGG'S??? And with an apostrophe, no less! So this was to be their final run at the Rock n" Rye that was captured on one of our tapes.












The Frogg's, oh sorry I mean Frogs, began playing at the Lake Theatre nightclub toward the end of their time coming to our area. This club was in the village of Lake George, NY. It was a rather large club with a main floor and another 2nd floor that had the middle opened up so you could see the stage from up there. This flyer I think is from November 13, 1980. That would have been a Thursday night and they'd have played through to Saturday as it says. On the reverse side is a comic dated "11-13".  
                                                  

No comments: